- Interior- and technology-focused upgrades
- Lexus Craftsmanship – impressive spec changes to IS, NX, RC and LS
- Redefining Connectivity – Lexus Connect, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
Guided by the Kaizen philosophy of continuous improvement, the Lexus IS, NX, RC and LS models have undergone some minor improvements for 2020. Already on sale, the revised models are specification changes, aimed at offering customers quality drives and even more ‘amazing experiences’ every time they’re on the road.
The recently-advanced models mainly include interior and technology-focused upgrades that are sure to impress any Lexus customer. It’s also very difficult to have a conversation about Lexus without talking about craftsmanship. The fine skills of Takumi craftspeople(responsible for ensuring that the required excellent quality is achieved)contribute to the high quality of every Lexus vehicle. Lexus has gone further to combine the traditions of Japanese culture and aesthetics with improved technologies for some of the models in their product range.
LEXUS IS – ENGINEEREDFOR DYNAMIC HANDLING AND RESPONSIVENESS
Locally, the Lexus IS line-up comprises the flagship IS 350 F Sport (revered 3.5-litrequad-cam V6 engine) and IS 300 Hybrid EX, which comes with a dual 2,5-litreengine and an electric motor, as well as the 2.0-litre Turbo IS 300 EX.
The IS spec highlights are as follows:
- The Hybrid model (launched in December 2018) and the F Sport version now come standard with the exceptional Mark Levinson 15-speaker sound system;
- The F Sport is now equipped with LED Hi (previously LED Lo) headlamps with AHB (adaptive High Beam);
- The aforementioned models also get a rear sunshade as standard fitment.
- The vehicle range also includes a new colour option called Manganese Luster.
Featuring an angular design language, with strong body lines and prominent contouring – the NX certainly makes a statement. Underpinned by the iconic Lexus spindle grille, the NX is a prominent member within the Lexus family.
For 2020, the chic NX receives some tweaks to its standard specification menu. The model range comprises the NX 300 EX, NX 300h EX, NX 300h SE and NX 300 F Sport. Notably, there are now two models in the hybrid space.
The NX has quite substantial updates which include:
- The F Sport and SE hybrid get High+ Sequential Clearance lamps as well as LED+ Sequential Rear Combination lamps and now come standard with an LED Adaptive High Beam System;
- SE Hybrid now gets headlamps cleaners, headlamp levelling, power-enabled rear boot and auto re-retractable side mirrors;
- Inside the cabin, the SE hybrid model gets wooden dashboard inserts, a panoramic sunroof, 60:40 power-adjustable second-row seats, full leather trim as well as driver memory for the front seat;
- Both the F Sport and SE hybrid models now come standard with the Lexus Safety System which includes Pre-crash System, Lane Trace Assist and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert;
- Following the spec change updates, the NX range also underwent an Audio upgrade from 17MM to 17MM+ screen with Android Auto & Apple Carplay
Just over a year ago, anew version of the Lexus RC luxury sports coupe made its debut in SA, in exclusive F Sport guise. Since then, the upgrades include features such as an electronic parking brake and a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Sound System. And to add to the entertainment experience, the vehicle now comes standard with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.
LEXUS LS – THE BRAND’S FLAGSHIP LUXURY SEDAN
The Lexus LS sedan delivers premium levels of powertrains moothness, spaciousness, handling, ride comfort, safety, craftsmanship and attention to detail. Now in its fifth generation, the LS is available in two derivatives – the LS 500 and LS 500 F Sport. Both are based on a new rear-drive platform and feature a bold design with a coupe-like silhouette.
One powertrain is offered in the LS range - a 3.5-litre, twin-turbocharged V6that delivers 310kW at 6000rpm. Furthermore, it also boasts a unique 10-speed transmission.
strong>The LS also underwent a spec change to address product improvements and customer requests:
- Cruise Control: Adaptive Cruise Control - All Speed (previously High Speed only);
- The colour palette has been rationalized. Terrane Khaki and Amber are no longer available for order in the LS 500, while Amber is discontinued on the LS 500 F Sport;
- Lane Keep Assist is improved and includes features such as Steering Vibration and Lane Trace Assist.
Lexus’ best-in-class 7-year/105 000km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard for all petrol Lexus models. This approach illustrates the belief Lexus has in their vehicles’ master craftsmanship and outstanding build quality. Vehicles ervice intervals are at every 15 000km, alternatively once a year.
|Lexus IS||Lexus NX|
|IS 300 EX||733100||NX 300 EX||722600|
|IS 350 F Sport||863200||NX 300 F Sport||826500|
|IS 300h EX||826500||NX 300h EX||819100|
|NX 300h SE||933500|
|Lexus RC||Lexus LS|
|RC F Sport||1009100||LS 500||2022000|
|LS 500 F Sport||2200800|