- The Renault KWID was first launched into the SA market at the end of 2016 and has redefined the market with almost 30,00 cars sold to date, offering affordable mobility to all. With the arrival of the New Renault KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt, the value proposition becomes even more attractive.
- The Renault KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt presents an even more compelling offer with great visual enhancements and features:
- Unprecedented features in its segment include: 8” Touchscreen MediaNav® with Bluetooth®, USB, AUX and MP3 playback, now with the added convenience of Reverse Camera and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, front and rear powered windows, electrical adjustable door mirrors, aircon and remote central locking.
- Increased safety with dual front airbags, ABS brakes and improved road holding thanks to the 14” wheels and sturdier rear axle.
- Striking SUV KWID design offers segment-unique LED Daytime Running Lights, and class-leading 180mm ground clearance, providing the lift to take on any challenge with ease, with the KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt boasting a sleek two-tone Black-and-White look.
- Spaciousness of the Renault KWID is in line with upper segment vehicles comfortably accommodating 5 adults with best in class 279 litres boot space, matched by vibrant interior finishes.
- Powered by Renault’s frugal 1.0-litre Smart Control efficiency (SCe) engine optimised for performance and efficiency, enabling best in class fuel efficiency from only 4.7 litres/ 100km on the manual models and an impressive 4.4 litres/ 100km on the AMT model within the fuller range.
- The Renault KWID range is priced from only R162 900, inclusive of 1 Year Comprehensive Insurance, a 2 Year Service Plan and 5 Year Warranty, with the latest KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt model retailing at R174 900.
- With only 100 units available, the Renault KWID ULTRA LTD EDT offers both unique-ness and exclusivity to our customers.
Not only was the Renault KWID hatchback specifically designed to meet the needs of anyone looking to buy an affordable car, but also to make driving simpler. With its more appealing design and impressive array of equipment, the New Renault KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt certainly presents a striking offering in the passenger car market.
The Renault KWID is borne from Renault Global’s design expertise. It exudes a sense of robustness and is both modern and advanced.
It puts forward a more muscular and tough exterior enhancing its SUV-inspired look, which certainly makes it aesthetically pleasing.
The new larger 14” wheels sporting stylish wheel covers give the Renault KWID an impressive ground clearance and sturdier stance, and together with the new rear axle add to the safety of the vehicle by improving its roadholding. The Renault KWID offers unique design cues, such as SUV styled headlamps with silver streak LED DRL’s, and tail lamps with LED light guides, while the new front fascia exudes a sense of aggression, adding to its overall appeal.
The new bi-tone RENAULT KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt takes the already stylish design to the next level, with a white gloss body finished off with a striking black roof and side mirrors, and 14” diamond cut black aluminium alloys. What’s not to like?
SMART STYLISH INTERIOR AND UNPRECEDENTED FEATURES IN ITS SEGMENT
The Renault KWID is as striking on the inside as it is outside – evident from the new chrome finishes which give it a more premium feel, while the upholstery fabrics take modern to a new level. The piano black centre fascia and meter cluster with sporty graphics certainly give a more pronounced and sporty ambiance.
The KWID boasts a surprising level of advanced technology – including standard aircon, electric front and rear windows and electrical adjustable door mirrors.
The bold and confidence-inspiring interior of the Renault KWID offers both style and practicality, featuring intuitive technology to ensure that driver and passengers stay connected, including a new MediaNav® /multi-media system complete with a larger 8” touchscreen display, radio and Bluetooth® connectivity, and the convenience of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
The addition of a reverse camera and park distance sensors puts the Renault KWID in a league of its own, for complete ease of parking and added peace-of-mind.
The sporty front seats are generously sized, offering superior comfort while the electric power steering and one-touch lane change indicator make driving a breeze. Electric front and rear windows add to driver and passenger convenience while the powerful air-conditioning with heater functionality ensures driving pleasure irrespective of the weather. All controls are within easy reach from both driver and passenger sides. The passenger glove box, driver and passenger in-door storage space with 1-litre bottle holder and rear parcel tray allow for practical and convenient stowage, totalling 27 litres.
The Renault KWID’s inviting interior is enhanced by its class-leading space that comfortably seats five adults and is complemented by a class leading boot space of 279 litres.
OPTIMISED ENGINE EFFICIENCY
The compact 1.0- litre 3-cylinder Smart Control efficiency (SCe) engine powering the KWID models has been optimized for power and performance and pushes out peak power of 50kW @ 5 500 rpm and maximum torque of 91Nm @ 4 250 rpm.
The Renault KWID model paired to a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox, the best automatic entry offer in the South African market.
Drivers will appreciate its good responsiveness and drivability at low revs and wide torque band across the rpm range. An extremely fuel-efficient petrol-powered engine, it delivers an incredible 4.7 litres/100km and class leading 4.4 litres/100km with the AMT transmission.
The Renault KWID has dual front airbags, for both driver and passenger, and the full Model range is equipped with ABS brakes allowing for increased pad and disc life, and improved stopping during emergency braking. A seat belt reminder presents an added safety feature. The roadholding is enhanced thanks to the new 14” wheels and more robust rear axle.
AND . . . THE RENAULT KWID COMES OUT TOPS !
With the recent release of the 2020 version of the AA-Kinsey Report, the Renault KWID 1.0 Expression has been recognized as the vehicle that boasts the cheapest parts basket in South Africa.It is 1st within the City cars and entry-level vehicles category with a total parts basket of R62 990.01, an accolade that will stand us in good stead in the market.
The new Renault KWID ULTRA Ltd Edt is set to make a statement, now even bolder and more stylish, with appealing features to match.
PEACE-OF-MIND COMES STANDARD
To facilitate peace-of-mind driving, the Renault KWID model range comes standard with a 1 Year Comprehensive Insurance Cover, a 2 Year Service Plan, and a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. Services take place at 15 000km intervals.
RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICING
|Renault KWID Expression||1.0-litre SCe||R 162 900|
|Renault KWID Expression AMT||1.0-litre SCe||R 172 900|
|Renault KWID Dynamique||1.0-litre SCe||R 172 900|
|Renault KWID ULTRA LTD EDT||1.0-litre SCe||R 174 900|
|Renault KWID Dynamique AMT||1.0-litre SCe||R 182 900|
|Renault KWID CLIMBER||1.0-litre SCe||R 183 900|
|Renault KWID CLIMBER AMT||1.0-litre SCe||R 193 900|