- Improvement is a continuous process – driven by the Kaizen philosophy
- Interior and technology-focused upgrades
- Lexus Craftsmanship – impressive spec changes to LX, RX and NX
Lexus’ quest for improvement has made many customers happy, through delivering world-first technologies, to luxury cars and constantly being driven by the Japanese Kaizen philosophy of continuous improvement. This month, Lexus has revised their SUV models’ specifications – adding a little extra newness aimed at offering customers ‘amazing experiences’ every time they’re on the road.
The recently-advanced models mainly include interior and technology-focused upgrades that are sure to impress any Lexus customer. Lexus has gone further to combine the traditions of Japanese culture and aesthetics with improved technologies for some of the models in their product range.
With that in mind, Lexus’ has applied several specification changes in its SUV line-up encompassing the LX, RX and NX models.
LEXUS LX – A POWERFUL LUXURIOUS FLAGSHIP
With a powerful V8, sophisticated 4WD chassis system, and seating for five or eight passengers, the Lexus LX is one of the few luxury utility vehicles that combines sumptuous luxury with true off-road capability.
The LX line-up comprises two model derivatives, the LX 5.7 V8 Petrol and the LX 4.5 V8 Diesel. The LX has a distinguished design and wears a bold satin chrome-framed spindle grille, complementing the LED headlights with Adaptive High Beam system. Its design includes roof rails and 20-inch alloy wheels with a machine finish for a luxurious feel and sporty image.
The spec upgrades are as follows:
- Wireless headsets will be made available for the LX range and will come standard with any purchase
- To ensure the driver and front passenger are safe when driving, the current LX will have a buzzer function for the seatbelts not worn.
- A new colour is introduced for the LX - Terrane Khaki (first seen on the UX). It offers a strong contrast between bright highlights and dark, calm shades.
- A new interior trim is also introduced, Ochre - a natural clay earth pigment with a mixture of clay and sand tones.
- Vehicle service intervals are at every 10 000km, alternatively once a year. A 7-year/100 000km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard for both LX models.
|LX 5.7 V8 Petrol||R1 894 100|
|LX 4.5 V8 Diesel||R1 827 600|
LEXUS RX – LUXURY WITH AN EDGE
From the perfectly chiselled exterior to the elegant interior, the RX enhances the premium values pioneered by the model’s previous generations. The sleek lines hint at the exceptional performance and agile handling one unleashes when taking the wheel.
Incorporated into its gleaming athletic appearance, the stylish L-shaped premium LED headlights, LED rear lights and floating C-pillars highlight the continuity of the RX design. The RX is available in four model grades, RX 350 EX, RX 350 L EX, RX350 F Sport and RX 450h SE.
Spec changes for the RX range include:
- All model grades get enhanced seat quality. These range from Natural Leather for the EX grade to Natural High Leather for the L (7-seater), F Sport and SE grades.
- Seatbelt warning is now standard for all passenger – front and (now) rear.
- The EX grade also gets Dynamic Auto Headlamps like its siblings - previously it had static auto headlamps as standard.
|RX350 EX||R1 053 100|
|RX350L EX||R1 131 400|
|RX350 F-Sport||R1 178 200|
|RX450h SE||R1 369 200|
LEXUS NX – THE STATEMENT-PIECE URBAN SUV
Created for those with unstoppable ambition, the Lexus NX features an angular design language, with strong body lines and prominent contouring, it certainly makes a statement. Underpinned by the iconic Lexus spindle grille, the NX is a prominent member within the Lexus family.
The model range comprises the NX 300 EX, NX 300h SE and EX as well as NX 300 F Sport. For this current specification improvement (second time in 2020), the chic NX has the following updates:
- NX hybrid model line-up now has two model grades - EX and SE grades. Previously, the hybrid was only available in SE grade.
- All model grades get a tachometer colour change - the supplementary area (before red zone) has been changed to pink.
- The Steering wheel horn pad design has been changed, and the compact Lexus emblem has been adopted.
- The ornamentation of the inside door handles now has a metallic coating.
- EX grades now get a keyless entry for the back door.
- The F Sport and Hybrid SE grades become the recipients of the phenomenal 14-speaker Mark Levinson sound system. For a premium sound, a new-generation Mark Levinson amplifier is available. The flagship range specs also receive a new Active Sound Control.
- Three new colours for EX, SE and Hybrid models are introduced; Terrane Khaki, Celestial blue and Black.
- The F Sport model also gets new colours - White Nova, Terrane Khaki, Celestial Blue and Black.
- The Hybrid SE wheel design has been changed from Base Alloy to High Alloy wheels.
- Park Distance Control for the EX and SE grades now has Standard-Front and Rear Intelligent Clearance Sonar.
|LEXUS NX SC|
|NX300 EX||R760 900|
|NX300 F-Sport||R901 500|
|NX300h SE||R992 000|
Lexus’ best-in-class 7-year/105 000km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard on the RX and NX. This approach illustrates the belief Lexus has in their vehicles’ master craftsmanship and outstanding build quality. Vehicle service intervals are at every 15 000km, alternatively once a year.